Saturday, November 17, 2007

:: rest ::

"My burden is light, my yoke is easy." - God.

Stress is inevitable. That's what i found out. Especially when things don't go the way it was planned, or the way you want it to, at the time you want it to, even.

I realised that planning for Unplugged. I had an awesome team, i did. But like i said, stress was inevitable. There were so many what if's and hows, and "oh-man's". But during prayer BEFORE the event, i sat in a corner of the sound room and prayed. I surrendered and submitted.

I upholded. This wasn't my event. It was His.

I was afraid the deco would look funny, it being so random. But i loved it in the end coz we're campus students, dood. Random IS us. To the deco team, and everyone else who helped out, you guys poured in your time and strength. Thank you :)

I was afraid the performances were too last minute. They were all great. I appreciated every single performer. Famous or not. "You guys made my day." :)

I was afraid the food wouldn't be finished or too messy to be eaten. They were gone in 15 minutes. All i had was one piece of creamy mushroom bruschetta. *laughs* To the hospitality team, you guys outdone yourselves. Thank you :)

I was afraid the program wouldn't flow. Staying up doing a clear running list with Tracy till 2am, and continuing to pray over it after, was interesting. Especially when i was up and about at 7am to prepare to worship-lead in Segi College. Last minute changes with changing performances, MC's getting carried away, (you guys get my drift), but everything fell into place. We were only 15 minutes behind time. Quite an achievement for me, i think.

I was afraid of people leaving when Ps Kenneth went up. I was even more afraid when he said he was gonna speak on trusting God. The unexpected-ness of it being so point-blank evangelical threw me off balance. But who am i to judge? God certainly had to deal with me being so faithless when it comes to His work.

"Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on YOUR own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

7 decisions were made for God last night. S.E.V.E.N. I had 7 pieces of vegetables to repent.

The thought of me being so afraid when God was in control was so laughable that during dinner (at 12-ish in the morning), i just had to smile to myself and give thanks to God. I didn't even mind the veggies that much.

There's so much more to life. We were meant to live for so much more. I was meant to live for so much more. And i had to kick myself to sink the fact that everything went as well as it possibly could. All this, with a great team, leaders and God supporting me. Word of the day : "When things are overwhelming, the Lord is my support." - Psalm 18

I spent the day resting at home. Deciding against Stardust. I took 2 hours to just sit and adore the God whom i serve, and would love to serve all the days of my life. I took the time just, "resting". Singing "Child" over and over again.

What's more...my friends, whom i dearly care about, got to see what i do. Why i may not have that much time to spend with them as of late. Thank you Adeline, Chester, ChoongYang, Justine and MelB, for sparing the time :) I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves, much. It was a great comfort just having you guys there.

Don't doubt, Ellie. It gets you nowhere.

Who else is Lord, if not God? I trust You.

I've got a song to write :)

No comments: