Saturday, April 26, 2008

:: ponderings ::

I had a really interesting day today.

Went out for breakfast with Addy and Krystle this morning. Curry chee cheong fun. Yum. It's been ages, babes :) After breakfast, Addy and i sat in her car talking about a multitude of things. Lols. Our conversation spanned across many areas...future career paths, my pending orang asli (OA) trip, our non-existent love lives, our views on religion and heck, even politics.

It's been so long since i last had such an *adult* conversation. Serious stuff ok.

One of the areas we spent talking bout most is of course, the *ideal* boyfriend. Girls mah. And we're of that age where hormones are racing and all that nonsense.

Aaaaanyways, we both discovered...that we're not looking for boyfriends. Lol. If our track record is anything to go by...i think we're looking for husbands. *laughs*

But it's interesting to note, both of us have just not found what we're looking for. And might i safely say, not even close. It's not high expectations. It's not jual-mahal-ing. Whatever that is. It's not even that we look forward to being spinsters at the end of the day. It's just the plain simple fact that....

...we've not found what we're looking for.

I don't see what's so difficult to understand that a girl at our age, has never had a relationship before. Tell you what, Addy, we've got something to be proud of. Market share tinggi. Hahaha.

I stand by my ideal that i'd like my first boyfriend to be my last. And i believe that true love waits. He's worth the wait, me thinks.

Heck, *i* am worth the wait.

*******************************************************

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing fingertips
It burned like a fire
This burning desire

I have spoke with the tongues of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

No comments: