Sunday, May 18, 2008

:: eye-opening ::

OA was brilliant.

I'm exhausted, but happily so :)

Highlights :
#1. The 3.5 hour hike in was no joke. The 3 hour hike out was better. Somewhat. But still not a joke. *predicts that Ellie will be bedridden in the morning*
#2. It was fun sleeping in the hut. Even if i *did* wake up multiple times to yelping dogs, crowing roosters and the fact that the hut moved everytime someone walked/sat/stood up.
#3. OA services are awesome. The worship especially :)
#4. Preaching in front of people you don't know, in a language you only used back in your hometown, plus KIDS running all over the place, was very interesting.
#5. Bathing in the river is not my cup of tea. It was a hair-standing experience. Lol. I was the only one who came out *bright* pink from head to toe.
#6. Baby "lurs" (wildboar) run kids over. Literally.
#7. My little brown boy. Ah, i miss that cute little fat face. He's unsaved. Will have to keep praying for him :)
#8. OA kids have the shortest attention span ever. I am no match for them.
#9. I didn't get to cook for OA. But we sure had good food :D Mah Ling rocks.
#10. A great team :) Ah, the funny moments will definitely be cherished. "What happens in OA, stays in OA....for awhile." ;)
#11. I pooped under the stars :D After half an hour of choosing the *perfect* spot.

Last but not least...

#12. I miss it already :(

Elder Joy was right. You'll always feel a lil' bit of something when you leave OA to the normal routine of *life*. I had to jump straight into assignments. Which, i can't put it in any other way but "sucks".

It was nice tho...living without having a phone beeping. Or a watch to tell you what time it is. It was nice being away from the lappie. It was nice...taking it slow.

I think i speak for every other OA team and my own when i say that it's an experience worth going for. Worth every cent, sweat and energy. And sleep too (considering how i was rushing my assignments before going).

Bottomline : I'd go again :)

No comments: