Tuesday, October 23, 2007

:: elliest of ellie's ::

I always have the urge to read the Anne of Green Gables series during exams. I don't know why. Probably cause she studies real hard to achieve what she wants. Probably cause she dreams a lot. Like me. Even while she's studying.

I always felt like i could relate to Anne. Gilbert Blythe called her the Annest of Anne's. Yes, that explains the title. Heehehehe. So random, ya? Lols. I guess i just love L.M.Montgomery's writing. She writes the funniest and yet biblically, related things. Just thought i'd share some thoughts that relate to her writing.

To do with new days :
"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." Sufficient for today is it's own troubles, amen? :)

To do with exams :
"I am well in body but considerably rumpled up in spirit." Just checked my internal assessment marks for IM and HRM, did considerably well in class, but not good enough to fulfill my promise. Trying harder.

To do with life :
"We must have ideals and try to live up to them, even if we never quite succeed. Life would be a sorry business without them. With them, it's grand and great." Like Dave shared in SES last weekend, don't forget your dreams :)

To do with love :
"Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music; perhaps...perhaps...love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath." This is my favourite among all L.M.Montgomery quotes. Maybe what i want, is not quite what i need. Only You know, Lord.

To do with me :
"I'm not a bit changed-not really. I'm only just pruned down and branched out. The real me-back here-is just the same. It won't make a bit of a difference no matter where i go or how much i change outwardly; at heart i shall always be your little Ellie, who will love you and everyone else and dear Subang Jaya more and better every day of her life." So, i replaced Anne with Ellie :) big deal.

Yes, i'm satisfied now.

1 comment:

who-am-i said...

ahh..Anne of Green Gables..carrot head...