Tuesday, August 21, 2007

:: of blue skies and anti-socialites ::

I'm quite anti-social. Contrary to what others believe. I suppose i used to think that i can never survive alone. As in, i MUST have kawans to be around me to keep sane (sometimes, its still true). But you know, since this semester started, i have been *very* anti-social. In wherever, really. Not just in school. It's weird huh. But i'm beginning to think that this phrase i heard from somewhere is true.

You can still feel alone in a crowd.

So emo right? LOL. But its true. There are just times that you really just wanna be alone and have some peace. I had *lots* of quiet moments today. Early in the morning cause i was 2 hours early for class, and during my one-hour break. Sat on a bench at my favourite spot in campus. In between block 6 and 9, level 4. Lols. So odd. Feels Harry Potter-ish wih his 9 and 3/4 station :D

Aaaanyways, i've been stealing away to my fav spot and reading my bible, or doing my homework and just being anti-social there lah. Once in a while, there'll be other anti-socialites to ber-anti-social with me. Hehehe. But knowing we're anti-socialites, we don't talk to each other either. We enjoy each other's *silent* company.

Today, especially, i got to appreciate how blue the sky was. Cue for Strays Don't Sleep to play. And i was reading Psalm 139. And i just started talking to God. While looking up at the blue blue sky. It felt good. I bet He knew i was gonna do so :) You know when i sit and when i rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar-Psalm 139:2. Spending quiet times at my fav spot is actually why i'm so happy today. Not laughable happy, but the i-can-smile-without-feeling-like-a-hypocrite happy. It was just..peaceful. Something i lacked in the weekend. And He knows the times when we need to just chill and stay away from crowds.

I had my moment today. And now, i'm ready to face the world again.

A big thank you to the someone who gave me the Fellowship of the Unashamed site. I choose to personally live by it as much as i can.

Excerpts :

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure.

I now live by presence, lean by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer and labor by power.

I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed.

I must go until Heaven returns, give until i drop, preach until all know and work until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problems recognising me.

*****************************************************************

Random thought : People-watching is *not* stalking. It's good for those who actively imagine. Lols.

A bina ayat question my 7-year-old-brother told me (his friend did this btw) :
Word : Dipotong
Ayat : Emak dipotong oleh epal.

Word : Memotong
Ayat : Epal memotong emak dengan pisau.

Funny la. Cracked me up crazy :D

No comments: