Friday, August 24, 2007

:: stardust ::

Stardust by Neil Gaiman is like one of my favourite fictions. I love his books. Some of them albeit too illustrative and dark, but nevertheless, interesting. I imagine a lot. Kinda weird, since i'm nearing twenty and technically, i should *not* be thinking of fairy tales and stuff. But sometimes, it's nice to daydream. And think of the stories in books you've read. The lands you've never been to. The people you've never met. (and no, i don't mean fantasy lands that u get high on okay *ahem*) Just simple daydreams.

Just imagine, if you can meet a star. I was surfing for info on the Stardust movie (yes, it's being made into a movie), i noticed that they're not quite following the book, which is kinda sad cause the story is originally sweet. Then again, i'm no movie producer. Maybe the change will help boost box office sales (not likely). But i noticed this quote, which is *not* in the book, and i figured, just maybe, it could be worth the watch.

You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again.

But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and...

What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no fits. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.

To think it is gonna be said by a star. Metaphorically, of course.

No comments: